God’s Harbor For All Souls strongly encourages individuals with health concerns to consult their physician prior to beginning a fast. This is especially important if you take prescription medications or have a chronic condition.
Purpose of Fasting and Prayer
Fasting is a powerful spiritual discipline that aligns our hearts more closely with the heart of God and also empowers us to see breakthroughs in specific areas. When people think of fasting they may focus too heavily on the giving up of food but it is much more than pushing back our plates. Fasting is when we go without food (or specific types of food) for a period of time and instead direct our attention more fully to God. It helps us as believers to not be ruled by our physical desires but to grow in spiritual power and authority over the desires of our flesh.
Fasting is more about gaining than giving up. Fasting is about gaining more of God and growing closer to Him. Fasting allows us to remove some of the things we spend most of our time and energy on and gives us room to focus on God. Fasting humbles our flesh, causing it to decrease and allowing our spirit man to increase. Fasting isn’t something that we do to try to manipulate God, but it is a spiritual discipline that can help us to align our lives with Heaven and develop a deeper intimacy with God. Even Jesus Himself fasted (Luke 4:2)
God wants us to communicate with Him and this is done through prayer. There are many benefits of praying. Prayer changes our focus, ushers us into God’s presence, brings us closer to Him, helps calm us and brings about change. Prayer is one of your most powerful weapons against the enemy, your adversary the devil (1 Peter 5:8). For prayer activates the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)
We acknowledge that for some of you, you might be new to fasting or haven’t fasted in a while. So we will be doing 3 days of fasting and prayer.
January 1, 2024 at 6 AM CST to January 7, 2024 at 6 PM CST
Each day fasting from 6 AM to 6 PM Water Only throughout the day.
From 6 PM to 6 AM Fruits and Veggies Only, no meat.
Thursday Night Corporate Prayer 7:30 pm
What you need:
- Bible (Read at least a chapter a day)
- Get and prepare your fruit and veggies in advance
- A journal, to write down what God may be speaking to you either through His Word or through your dreams.
- 3 prayer points, what are you looking for God to do for you during this time of fasting and prayer?
- Have 3 -7 scriptures concerning your prayer points
- At least one person you want to focus on praying for.
- Prayer points.
Church Prayer Points
- Pray for unity in churches and in the body of Christ.
- Pray for the pastor and church leadership.
- Pray for revival and a great awakening in the world.
Daily Prayer Points
- Monday: Repentance/rededication of selves back to God
- Tuesday: Forgiveness of others and self
- Wednesday: Family: Breaking of strongholds in the bloodline/ demonic covenants and curses.
- Thursday: Armor of God and spiritual gifts
- Friday: Recovery/possess the land
- Saturday: Thanksgiving/Praise to God
- Sunday: Vision