Jesus made it clear that we are not to draw attention to ourselves when we fast (Matthew 6:16). But there are times where in the Bible when the people of God are called to a corporate fast. Fasting and praying with others not only gives us an opportunity to encourage one another but is very powerful when done with others.
“And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” -Ecclesiastes 4:12 (KJV)
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20 (KJV)
As you go about your day, try to make God your focus. Set the tone by beginning your day with praise and worship. I have a Spotify playlist that we use for the prayer line, click here to access. Avoid TV, social media, drama, gossip, or any other distraction that’ll lessen your spiritual focus. Invite the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you during this time. Ask Him about what you should be reading and give your revelation on what He wants you to meditate on when it comes to God’s Word, as it is your spiritual food.
Video To Watch:
Fasting and Prayer Details:
Each day fasting from 6 AM to 6 PM Water Only throughout the day.
After 6 PM Fruits and Veggies Only, no meat.
What you need:
- Bible (Read at least a chapter a day)
- Get your prepare your fruit and veggies in advance
- A journal, to write down what God may be speaking to you either through His Word or through your dreams.
- 3 prayer points, what are you looking for God to do for you during this time of fasting and prayer?
- Have 3 -7 scriptures concerning your prayer points
- At least one person you want to focus on praying for.
- Prayer points for the body of Christ list
Church Prayer Points
- Pray for unity in churches and in the body of Christ.
- Pray for pastor and for church leadership.
- Pray for revival and a great awakening in the world.